Top 5 Tips for a Successful Festive Marketing Campaign
With Halloween left behind in the October mist, tis officially the season to be jolly. For many businesses, the Christmas period is one of the busiest times of the year, so we’ve thought up five ideas you can use to make your festive marketing campaign a successful one.
- Reward your best customers – With Christmas marking the end of the calendar year, it’s a great idea to reward those customers who have kept you ticking over throughout. This can be done with a simple sale or maybe even a small free gift. Not only will this likely bring them back in for more business, but it will remind them to keep using your services next year too.
- Santa delivers for free – It may be simple, but it’s highly effective. Companies that offer free delivery around Christmas time will understandably have much more appeal than those that don’t, giving you the upper hand in the market. If you do decide to offer free delivery on your products, it’s best practice to promote this fact heavily on website and/or print.
- A Christmas thank-you – We all love to be appreciated, and customers are no different. Sending a personalised email thanking them for their custom, along with information of current sales and offers is a great idea. Whilst being a cost-effective way to make your customers feel appreciated, it’s also a great way to promote your latest offers and draw them in.
- Decorate to accumulate – Whether it’s a store or social media page, it’s a great idea to make your business as in sync with the festive theme as possible. Seeing the decorations will make your business seem warm and welcoming, as well as screaming ‘sales’ to any potential customers, enticing them to take a look at what you’re offering.
- Giveaways are not a throw away – Giveaways are often seen as a waste of money, when in reality, this could not be further from the truth. Running a competition on social media (such as a retweet to win) can create mass awareness and hype for a business, both of which are fantastic things to have when approaching the Christmas period. If successfully promoted, a social media giveaway can turn out to be a really cheap, yet effective form of advertising.